Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Why you should't mess with an Astronaut

I'm not sure why this caught my fancy. Maybe it's the parallels with the 9/11 conspiracy stuff, which I think is a load of crap. And yes, I've spent many hours going through all the evidence, on both sides. There clearly was a cover-up, but it was to hide incompetence and lack of preparation, not some nefarious scheme by the Project for the New American Century gang.

Anyway, Buzz Aldrin was an astronaut on Apollo 11, and was the second person to walk on the moon. I remember watching it on TV as a boy. There's a group of conspiracy theorists who think the whole thing was a plot by the US government to trick the world. One of these guys got right in Aldrin's face and called him "...a coward and a liar and a thief." I can't speak personally about the liar and thief parts, but you don't become a fighter pilot and an astronaut if you're a coward. Aldrin may be 76, but he certainly responded like a much younger man...

No comments: