Friday, November 07, 2008

2008 Presidential Results and Analysis - Part 1

The map below shows the Wisconsin county-by-county percent margin in the 2008 presidential race. I'm working on several additional maps that will show vote totals by county, and trends since the 2004 election, but that will take a bit longer so I wanted to get this one up now.


(For higher resolution versions of any of my maps please contact me)

To me the most interesting thing is that although Wisconsin is far more blue than in 2004, the overall pattern is amazingly similar. Partisan identities are remarkably stable, and although swing voters may trend one way or another in any given election, the underlying demographics change quite slowly. Anyway, this will all be easier to see when I finish the maps and get the rest of them posted.

No comments: